Friday, February 8, 2013

Rusty Taco: Tyler and Longview


So, taco shops have been a crazed for awhile.  Now, they're moving into East Texas!  Rusty Taco has locations in Tyler and Longview!  I've given it two chances, and I'm not a fan.


First, I stopped into Tyler's South Broadway location for the usual breakfast taco- bacon, potato and cheese!  I got their green/tomatillo salsa, and I will admit that I do like it.  It's sweet enough yet it has the slightest of a bite.  These tacos are very small, and they are not brimming with ingredients either!  This morning, the diced potatoes are undercooked and crunchy- just gross!  Overall- these tacos are a nonevent!  For breakfast tacos, I would rather go to a BBQ place than to come back to Rusty Taco.

OK, second chance for a late lunch in Longview- I actually think my husband calls this Suppa!  I chose the beef fajita and chicken fajita  tacos!  Once again, these tacos are tiny, so make sure you get some chips and queso or something else!  You can hear and smell the sizzling meats on the griddle.  With such anticipation, I was irked when the chicken fajita taco was cold!  Served on a corn tortilla with pico de gallo, white and dark chicken chunks (not my favorite) were another nonevent!  Please note the amount of dos salsas that I have used!  Hint Hint.

The beef fajita was the better taco- cubed beef with onion, peppers, and cilantro sat in the warm corn tortilla that didn't hold together.  Basically, another nonevent!  
Overall, I was really disappointed with Rusty Taco in Tyler and Longview.  I'm so done with this taco place- don't waste your time.  There are too many other taco shops in East Texas, and trust me this one is VERY RUSTY.

Rusty Taco
http://www.therustytaco.com/

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I too am not a big fan of Rusty's. People I know were raving about it when it first opened around here and I was very let down when I tried it. Underwhelmed would be a good word to describe it. The food tasted alright but it was just lacking in so many areas. I look forward to seeing more updates! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete