Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Trifecta on 3rd: Austin


Trifecta on 3rd is fairly new to the Downtown Austin scene.  Walking distance from our hotel, my work counterpart took me here because they have a Pizza Happy Hour where 12-inch pizzas are only $3 until 8 pm.  The restaurant is small and quaint with a nice selection of beers, wines, and bourbon.  It has a young, hip, professional crowd

I have been to Trifecta a few times.  In the past, I have tried the Margarhita Pizza (their spelling) as well as the Vegetarian Pizza (with corn and spinach- I’m moving outside of my pizza box).  The first time that we went, the crust was soggy and limp- not good for super thin crust pizza.  Overall, the pizzas tasted good, but it could have been better.  On a recent visit (shown below), the Margarhita pizza  crust was super thin and crispy with a balsamic reduction sprinkled across it that was addicting.

Overall, I like Trifecta on 3rd.  They pour large glasses of wine, so be careful.  The food is pretty good, and you can’t beat a $3 12-inch pizza.  Word to the wise: Be careful on trivia night to not scream out the answer because these patrons are very serious, not to mention, competitive about their trivia.

Trifecta on 3rd
360 Nueces #30
Austin, TX 78701
512/320-9909
www.trifectaaustin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment