Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Shockley Market: Corpus Christi

Tonight, I tried Shockley Market in Corpus Christi.  Based on the reviews, it seems like it will be a winner.  From the looks of their website, I can't wait.  Comfort food and Julia Child's classics in a small quaint, cozy, neighborhood setting best describes Shockley Market.  On this night, I am getting take out, so I decided to not take photos because that would not do the food justice.

Fresh fruits and vegetables grace the glass cases while the interior is light and fresh!  Service is prompt and courteous.  I order the Meatloaf with a House Salad, Asparagus, and Macaroni and Cheese.  All I know is that was the longest drive back to the hotel, and the three mini-half moon rolls did not make it- talk about warm buttery love!

The next thing to disappear was the macaroni and cheese.  All white cheeses graced this side, and I bet some blue did too.  Oh my goodness, it was good.  The side of asparagus was just OK- a little over cooked, but it tasted like it had been dipped into butter/wine reduction- yummy!  The side salad was a nice mixture of field greens, diced cucumbers, radishes, and pink grapefruit.  It was lightly tossed in a delicate sweet vinaigrette- very good.  It would have been good with the bread, but that was long gone.

Finally, the meatloaf... It was an individual loaf instead of slices of meat loaf covered with a tangy tomato sauce- almost with a light BBQ taste.  The meatloaf was filled with celery and bell peppers.  Overall, it was a little dense, but it was pretty good. 

In the end, I really liked Shockley Market.  I can't wait to go back.  In fact, locals have tried to keep this place of goodness a secret, and I understand why.  It just rocks!

Shockley Market
3815 S Alameda
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
(361) 851-2525
www.shockleymarket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment