Monday, December 5, 2011

Andy's Country Kitchen: Corpus Christi

On this raining Sunday morning, I decided to try out Andy’s Country Kitchen.  Reading up on it, it has a sweet history spanning over 50 years.  The restaurant is known for their motorized train that runs above the diner counter not to mention their famous muffins that they serve.

It is packed this morning, so I take my place at the counter below the train.  I’m amazed at the fast pace of this diner- churning orders out without hesitation and with pure ease.  The famous muffins arrive- they look like blueberry with streusel on top.  They are warm, and in a matter of minutes, they disappear.


Today, I decide on the French Toast on recommendation of my waiter.  Two pieces of plain white bread dipped in an egg wash arrive with powder sugar gracing it.  A side of thick sliced bacon accompanied the lack luster French toast.  The bacon was sweet, and it could have used more cooking and a paper towel to wipe off some of the grease- I didn’t care for it.  Although the appearance missed the mark, the French Toast was quite tasty, and it took me back to the days when my mom used to make it for me.


Overall, Andy’s Country Kitchen is a nice local place.  The food is pretty good, but not the best.  It is a place where you can sit next to the locals and strike up a conversation.  The coffee is constantly flowing and you never have to worry about an empty cup.  If you want comfort food with a smile, then this is the place to be.

Andy’s Kitchen
5802 S Staples
Corpus Christi, TX  78413
361/993-0251
www.andyskitchen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment