Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Delia's: Pharr


After criss-crossing the Rio Grande Valley, it is only right to find a local place specializing in tamales.  Even though Delia’s was my second choice for dinner and a change in cuisine, I am glad that I chose Delia’s!  This location in Pharr is in a tiny building with even a smaller parking lot, but they do have a drive thru.  The menu consisted of tamales: chicken tamales, spicy pork tamales, and sweet tamales, etc.  Basically, if it can be a tamale, Delia’s makes it.  With four other locations scattered across the Valley, I would say Delia’s has gotten the tamale business down.   

Tonight, my choice is the spicy pork tamales.  The tamales were filled with a lot of pork and a lot of spice.  The masa was perfectly moist and super tasty.   The only negative comment is the tamales are a little greasy.  The salsa was incredible- super fresh tomatoes and lots of cilantro.  If I could get a bottle of it, I would take some home.

If you are in the Valley, check to see if Delia’s is close by.  If not, check online because they ship too!  Just remember to take cash because they don't take credit cards or personal checks.

Delia’s
825 W Ferguson Street
Pharr, Texas 78577
956/783-7799
www.deliastamales.com

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping exactly the same greatest perform coming from people in the prospective additionally.

    ADVERTISING FLAG
    WHOLESALE FLAGS

    ReplyDelete