Friday, February 3, 2012

Dairy Burger: Alice

After a long drive from the Valley, I was craving just a good ol’ burger.  Coming into Alice, Texas, just West of Corpus Christi, I stopped into Dairy Burger.  It’s after 2, and it packed at this location.  I had read the reviews, and for the most part, positive.  One even called it a Dairy Queen knock off.  As I walked through the door, I did a double check because it does resemble a Dairy Queen.

You order at a counter from a menu filled with burgers, chicken strips, and tacos.  Today, I’m trying a cheeseburger combo.  The cheeseburger came out looking a little lame, but the fries were small cut like shoestrings. 
The cheeseburger was pretty good.  The patty is very thin, but the veggies were ample.  The mayo was the sweetest that I had ever tasted while the mustard juxtaposed it to a tee.  The real winner was the shoestring French fries.  They were perfectly cooked with the slightest of salt on them.  They totally rocked.  They reminded me of Belgium Frites!

In the end, I would come back to Dairy Burger.  The people were extremely friendly.  It’s a place where you can hear the locals talking about their dating issues- these locals were 70 plus seniors.  I have never laughed so hard, but I guess some things never change.  If you get a chance, stop on by because I hail Dairy Burger as the best Texas French fry!

Dairy Burger
314 N Johnson St
Alice, Texas 78322
361/664-2117

No comments:

Post a Comment