Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bodacious BBQ: Longview

When I got my first job, every Wednesday we would head to a BBQ joint on Division Street in Arlington, Texas.  I loved this BBQ place for the Postman sandwich- chopped brisket and chopped sausage.  Imagine this- it was named after the Postman that would come in and order. 

This BBQ joint was my first taste of Bodacious BBQ.


Years later, when I see a Bodacious BBQ, I will always stop.  On this day, I'm grabbing a late bite at the Bodacious BBQ on the Loop in Longview.  I grab up my new usual: chopped beef with a side of cole slaw.


As expected, the freshly chopped beef is in surplus and filled with smoke.  Bodacious's BBQ sauce is served on the side.  It is the perfect balance for me- just a little bit more tang than sweet.  It is on the watery side, but still just the right consistency to coat the beef and to wet the bun.  The cole slaw is sweeter than sour and mayonnaise based. 

Overall, Bodacious BBQ takes me back to the days when I was younger.  To date, it always satisfies my craving for BBQ.  If you are in East Texas, I can guarantee you can find a Bodacious BBQ.  They've grown and franchised quite a bit since starting in 1965.

Bodacious BBQ
1300 W Loop 281
Longview, Texas
(903) 759-3914


Tyler Bodacious BBQ Website:
http://www.thebodaciousbbq.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment