Sunday, September 16, 2012

Price's Chef @ 6 Points: Corpus Christi

After reading that Price’s Chef had King Ranch Chicken Casserole as the Friday special, I knew I had to go.  I am pretty partial to my King Ranch recipe, but King Ranch is King Ranch.  Located across the street from Hester’s, Price’s Chef @ 6 Points is your typical local diner.  On this dreary day, comfort food was definitely the call.
I took my place at the counter.  A younger granola type sat next to me to which the crusty white guy started in on her.  It was a fun conversation to listen to ranging from survival to labor unions to Obama.  It was quite interesting.  I order the King Ranch- two sides come with it, so I chose fried okra and broccoli Normandy- who really needs sides with King Ranch.
After the lame house salad came out with the Kraft Italian dressing in the squeeze tube, I was thankful for the lively conversation next to me.  Finally, the King Ranch arrives.  The first thing I notice is the over fried okra- looks right out of the freezer as well as the lame uninviting broccoli cauliflower mixture.  Luckily the King Ranch looked inviting with a lot of cheese and chunks of white meat.  Although it was decent- like I said King Ranch is King Ranch, it did lack any spice or kick to it.  It was just average.
 
Although my meal came with a choice of dessert, I was ready to go- the crusty white guy’s friends arrived, so the libtard was saved.  I don’t think dessert could have made the meal any better.   My server- a young granola boy- was never overly excited to have a customer, and he didn’t help the situation.  Personally, I don’t think he has a future in customer relations.
In the end, I was disappointed with Price’s Chef @ 6 Points.  If I have the choice, I will go back to Hester’s!  One thing for sure, don’t parallel park because you might find a lovely colorful yet graphic note on your vehicle just like I did- the author definitely has an anger issue- probably because he lives in the basement of his parent’s house, and they’ve closed down Blockbuster- but then again, I digress. 
Six Points:
Why is this area called Six Points?  Because three major streets- Ayers, Alameda, and Staples- come together.  It’s an urban area being revitalized by local hipsters.   It is a pretty cool little funky area, so check it out.  There are several shops and restaurants here- Tasty Texas Travels has featured Hester’s and Price’s Chef in blog posts.

Price’s Chef @ 6 Points
1800 S Alameda St
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
361/883-2786

No comments:

Post a Comment