Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cielito Lindo: Brenham, Texas


Tonight, my husband is having a sleep study done, so I REALLY wanted to make sure he snored.  We decided to try the new Mexican restaurant in Brenham: Cielito Lindo.  Yes, another Mexican restaurant in Brenham.....

Cielito Lindo is actually a very beautiful place inside.  The design and rock work is gorgeous.  Two stories of hacienda dining.  The food is OK.  It hits the spot for Tex-Mex.  It's not the best and it's not the worse.  It's just average.

We decided to have the Special Dinners- basically guacamole, taco, and 2 enchiladas.  For me, the cheese enchiladas; for my husband, the chicken.  The first plate comes with the crispy beef taco and the guacamole.


I really don't like these kind of taco shells since you can't pick it up and eat with your hands.  Well, I guess you can, but it is a total mess.  This taco was VERY good.  The meat was slight spicy, but it was very greasy.  The guacamole was fair.  The second plate arrives with the enchiladas.


The cheese enchiladas were good, but VERY greasy.  I love good cheese enchiladas (always seem to be comparing them to Molina's in Houston).  I do think there could be more cheese filling in the enchiladas, but overall the sauce and the enchilada was good.  Now, my husband's chicken enchiladas were interesting.  I love good spicy red chicken enchiladas, but these totally missed the mark.  The sauce was like tomato paste- it was gross.  He ended up eating the tons of shredded chicken out of the enchiladas.

Cielito Lindo is the first Mexican place on Hwy 290 as you are coming into Brenham.  They will do a good business since this is the 4th location.  They did have a lovely couple singing music on the evening we were there.  I will go back and drink a few margaritas, and listen to them sing the night away. 

Cielito Lindo
2821 S Market Street
Brenham, Texas 77833

No comments:

Post a Comment