Thursday, April 28, 2011

MasFajitas: Caldwell

Wow, today's format more like a grocery list.

Chips and Salsa: Chips are stale.  Salsa is fresh

Introducing The Laredo:


Rice: fluffy with a hint of chili powder, not much taste other than that

Charro beans- very good.  Slightly spicy, good taste, with chunks of bacon and jalapenos present

Beef Taco: Shell is stale, Lettuce and Tomatoes extremely fresh.  Meat is not real seasoned- odd consistency.  But, overall, pretty good.

Chicken Enchilada- Red Chile Sauce was lame- FULL of chicken except it is mostly dark meat.  The chicken did have a really good taste, but overall, I would skip the enchilada.

Service started out OK, but ended up horrible even at 1:30 pm.  Tea was never refilled and plates sat in front of me forever.  Staff was watching futbol instead! 

The thing that really killed my experience was when I went to pay my bill- of course, I didn't have my check because my waitress disappeared.  Their credit card machine went down, so I was asked if I had any cash.  I didn't, so huffing and puffing, the guy rebooted the computer to see if it would fix the problem.  I asked if he would like me to go get some cash, and he said yes.  When I asked where the closest bank, he pointed across the street.  He was still huffing and puffing- and, he was not asthmatic.  You would think they would have offered to comp or discount my $8 meal, but no, he rudely took my cash offering no apologies.  The funny thing is they had a printed copy of a list on why patrons don't return- 69% was the attitude of the server!  I guess you know that I will not be returning.

MasFajitas does have another location in Taylor.  I hope the staff is nicer to their patrons there, but I can say if you are in Caldwell, Texas, just keep driving past MasFajitas. 

MasFajitas
305 Hwy 36 S
Caldwell, TX. 77836
979/567-4007
www.masfajitas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment