Monday, August 15, 2011

Borriello Brothers Pizza: Colorado Springs, CO

After having a rough flight into Colorado Springs, it was time for a good pizza pie.  We set out for Borriello Brothers.  Located in what looks like a fast food pizza spot, don’t judge the book by the cover.

Tonight, I ordered a 16-inch half cheese and half Clemente (pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, and ham.  Their 16-inch pizza is a paper-thin crust while their 18-inch is a hand tossed thin crust.  Flags should have gone up when the girl taking my ordered seemed confused.  Our friend ordered a 16 inch pepperoni, cheese, mushroom and garlic pizza.

The smells coming from the kitchen were killing us.  The pizzas that were walking by with the delivery guy were pure bliss.  Our friend was the first to get his pizza.  He said I could have a piece as a piece was already in my mouth. 


Paper-thin was correct.  Wow, I have never had a crust so thin and so good.  Great tomato sauce.  It was pure bliss.  This pizza is the best that I have ever had, so I was getting very excited about our pizza.  Then, it arrived…


For some reason, they gave us an 18-inch hand tossed.  My cheese pizza was not what I had ordered, and they obviously sensed it.  I had ordered a 16-inch half cheese- half Clemente.  They said that this was their cheese pizza- Pizza Blanca (mozzarella, ricotta and Romano cheese- no sauce).  Personally, I call that cheese bread sticks.  They did accommodate my wish for sauce and brought me a side of it.  Overall, the pizza was really good, but the true winner was the 16-inch paper-thin pie.

The service isn’t great at Borriello Brothers.  They committed my biggest peeve ever- they started to sweep around us while we were eating.  OK, they couldn’t wait until we were gone since we were the only ones in the place at 9 pm.  Have you ever thought of what is going in the air around you?  Seriously- it’s disgusting!

Anyways, I will say that if I am ever in Colorado Springs again, I would get another pizza from Borriello Brothers- definitely a 16 inch paper thin and definitely To Go!

Borriello Brothers
215 E Platte Ave
Colorado Springs, CO
719/884-2020

No comments:

Post a Comment