Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dog and Duck Pub: Austin



Dog and Duck Pub is one of my all time favorite places.  Back in the good ole days, we used to come here for Happy Hour for some of the coldest Pilsner Urquell.  Now, we just come here for lunch.  Started in May of 1990, Dog and Duck has 42 beers on tap ranging from Texas to International brews.  In 1991, they sistered the Dog and Duck Pub in London.  Their food ranges from burgers to fish-n-chips to actually some "healthy fare" (per their website).

Today, I chose the Spicy Black and Blue Burger.  My companions chose the Willie Burger and the Turkey Club Deluxe.  We are all not going for the healthy fare today.

This is my black and blue burger.  As you can see, it is a beautiful work of art: freshly ground beef, seasoned to perfection, topped with melted blue cheese, bacon, and covered with an adobe sauce.  Pure bliss, and probably one of the BEST burgers that I have ever had- EVER!

This is the Turkey Club Deluxe.  Do I really need to say anymore?  Look at all of that melted cheese!

This is the Willie Burger- yes, more melted cheese and the State of Texas's vegetable: Jalapenos.

Overall, I could barely walk out of the Dog and Duck Pub.  No, not because of consuming one too many pints, but because we just had an awesome lunch.  If you are in the area, check it out for either the food or the brews.  And, if you do, drink one for me!

Dog and Duck Pub
406 W 17th
Austin, Texas 78701
512/479-0598
www.dogandduckpub.com

2 comments: