Friday, September 16, 2011

Kiko's Mexican Food: Corpus Christi

On this dreary, rainy (yes, rainy) morning, I head to Kiko's Mexican Food for some breakfast tacos.  I am seated quickly, and within a few minutes, an elderly Hispanic lady comes to take my drink order.  I wait and wait and wait and wait for that coffee.  She must have been having a Senior Moment!

Upon her return, I order the usual: breakfast taco with potato, cheese, and bacon- No Eggs.  And, it was great!  I have got to figure out what kind of cheese they use- maybe Velveeta- it just tastes like queso.  The salsa reminded me of Cisco's in Austin, so i loved it.  The flour tortilla made fresh and on site rocked!  Overall, the taco was great.  I just wished that the waitress would have gotten my order right, and brought me that other taco that I had ordered.  Must have been another Senior Moment!

If you are in Corpus, I recommend Kiko's for their breakfast tacos.  I have no idea if anything else is good, but judging by the loyal local following, they must be doing something right.  Just prepare to be patient with the service because it isn't fast or accurate- but it's friendly.

Kiko's Mexican Food
5514 Everhart Rd
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
361/991-1211
www.kikosmexicanfood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment