Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pie in the Sky Pie Company: Conroe & The Heights


Well, to finish this extremely hot Friday off, I decided to go to Pie in the Sky Pie Company in Conroe.  Afterall, it's on my way home, and I had read about their Cake Balls which really intrigued me.  The Conroe location is not too easy to get to, but you can access it from the Loop 336 South of Hwy 105 and West of I-45.

At the Conroe location, Pie in the Sky offers breakfast, salads, sandwiches, wraps, and of course pie.  You can also order casseroles to go from King Ranch Chicken to Lasagna.  Today, I am on a quest for Cake Balls.  They have Italian Cream and Chocolate with Chocolate Icing.  I opt for two of each, and a white cupcake with white icing.

I know this picture does not do these treats justice, but take my word.......  The Italian Cream Cake Ball was incredible.  The cake inside was super moist, and the hard bark like coating was perfect in sweetness.  Next, I had to try the Chocolate Cake Ball.  Pure bliss for chocaholics!  Once again the cake was super moist, and the coating was pefection.   I did wait until after dinner to eat the cupcake- ok, it was my dinner.  The icing wasn't too sweet- just right in fluff and sugar.  The cake was slightly drier than I would have like, but overall, it was quite tasty.

I have a new love and it isn't pie, but Pie in the Sky's Cake Balls.  I am already planning on taking them to a dinner in a few weeks, and I have told all of my friends about them.  I can't tell you if anything else is good, but I can tell you that these cake balls will put a smile on your face.  Stop off the next time you are in Conroe or in the Heights, and pick up a few.... dozen.

Pie in the Sky Pie Company                                                             Pie in the Sky Pie Company
3600 N Loop 336 W                                                                      632 W 19th Street
Conroe, Texas 77304                                                                     Houston, Texas 77008
936/760-3301                                                                                713/864-3301
                                                  
                                                http://www.pieintheskypieco.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment