Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Floyd’s Cajun Seafood and Texas Steakhouse: Beaumont

I haven’t been to Floyd’s in a really long time.  In fact, it was Don’s Seafood the last time I was at this location in Beaumont.  I remember not being overly impressed by Don’s, so I am hoping for a little more from Floyd’s.

Originally, I tried to come at 6 pm on a Saturday night, and the wait was over an hour at 6 pm.  I am in Beaumont, and it is Lent.   I came back at 11 am on a Sunday before the church crowds usher in.

As soon as I sit down, my drink order is taken and delivered.  A huge basket of French garlic bread is placed on the table.  As I am drooling and crying at the same time, I ask the waitress to remove it- I can’t even imagine how many Weight Watcher’s points are in it.  I decide to max out my points with a cup of chicken and sausage gumbo and grilled shrimp with seasonal vegetables.


The chicken and sausage gumbo comes out with a dark watery roux.  The roux was perfect- not too strong, but not too weak- actually, pretty perfect!  Small pieces of sausage and chunks of chicken breast happily swim in it.  This gumbo totally rocks.


Next, my grilled shrimp come out.  Good-sized perfectly skewered shrimp grace the plate.  Lightly seasoned and perfectly cooked although a few of the shrimp had a gritty sand taste to their texture!  The seasonal vegetable medley was nothing more than steamed zucchini, squash, carrots, and colored bell peppers with absolutely no seasoning at all- overall, a healthy non-event.

In the end, I heard that the crab bisque was beyond bliss too, but to me, it has some hard competition with Floyd’s gumbo.  Plus, the service was great.  Overall, when I am in the mood for seafood and in Beaumont, I will return to Floyd’s- Les es les bon ton roulette!

Floyd’s Cajun Seafood and Texas Steakhouse
2290 IH-10 South
Beaumont, Texas 77707
409/842-0686



No comments:

Post a Comment