Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tumbleweed: Gladewater

My last night in Longview, I decided to drive West to Gladewater for dinner.  There's a new place in town, and it certainly is the talk of the town.  Not impressed by the sterile brown brick building, keep going inside to find a heavily wooded room with booths and tables- you can't help to feel the energy with the outgoing, energetic waitresses bolting around like bees.
Tonight I ordered a 6 oz filet with mushrooms and mash potatoes.  The fried mushrooms and onion rings coming out of the kitchen looked beyond tasty.  But, then it arrived.....
I dove into the mash potatoes because they looked like they were right out of a box, but to my surprise they must have had white cheddar cheese in them!  Excellent taste and wonderful consistency.  Next the bowl of mushrooms- boring, no taste, poured right out of the can- very disappointing especially when some Lea & Perrins or red wine can do wonders!  I would skip the mushrooms next time.

Finally the real winner: the 6 oz beef filet.  It was cooked more medium rare than medium, but it had a great seasoned flavor.  The meat was super tender.  Overall, it was an excellent steak.  And, the best part is that it was reasonably priced. 
Overall, when I am back in the area, I know where there is a great little steakhouse with great service.  I would get there early because of their popularity.  In the end, you will walk out a happy customer from Tumbleweed Steakhouse.
Tumbleweed Steakhouse
1103 West Upshur Avenue
Gladewater, TX 75647
(903) 845-5320

No comments:

Post a Comment