Sunday, March 25, 2012

Victoria's Tru Thai Asian Cuisine: Victoria

Tonight, I am in the mood for Thai.  Two places pop up, so I decided to go with Victoria's Tru Thai Asian Cuisine.  Located in an older building on Business 59, you walk into a small clean restaurant with the sound of running water and filled with oil paintings of Thai farmers in their rice fields.

The menus are located under the plexiglass on the table, and it is not extensive.  They have a lot of curries which I will have to come back to try.  I had read that their Pad Thai was good, so of course, I move in that direction.    I order vegetarian Pad Thai: pan fried noodles with eggs, peanuts, green onions and bean sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, and carrots!  Your meat options include chicken, beef, or pork. The meal comes with soup and an egg roll, but I passed on this evening.  You can hear the owner's wife back in the kitchen clanging on the pots making your meal to order, so the excitement begins.


The only thing I can say about Victoria's Tru Thai's Pad Thai is that IT IS THE BEST PAD THAI THAT I HAVE EVER HAD!  The vegetables were super fresh.  The Noodles were wider glass noodles filled with seasoning and taste.  The bowl was huge, and it was hard to stop eating this delightful dish.  It was truly bliss.  I did have a funny eureka moment though...I thought the bigger pieces of the sponge like ingredient was tofu, but then I realized that this egg hater was actually eating chunks of egg. 

In the end, my experience was incredible.  I spoke with the owner regarding Thailand and an upcoming trip.  He was extremely friendly and provided great insight to the Country and Culture.  All the while, I could hear his wife banging away in the back for the next lucky food recipient.  When I am back in Victoria, I will definitely return to Victoria's Tru Thai Asian Cuisine, and I encourage you to give it a try too.

Victoria's Tru Thai Asian Cuisine
811 E Rio Grande St (Business 59)
Victoria, TX  77901
361/572-8851

No comments:

Post a Comment