Monday, March 19, 2012

Thai Orchid: Corpus Christi

I’m always on the look out for new Thai restaurants.  Tempted on returning HuDat or Drunkn’ Noodlez, I venture out to a new place in Corpus called Thai Orchid. 

I must emphasize, “DO NOT JUDGE THIS BOOK BY ITS COVER!”  From the outside, the neon lights and the shady strip shopping center, just cries out illegal massage parlor.  But, once you walk inside, you are transported to a immaculately clean, nice restaurant.

Once seated, the service experience has begun.  The wait staff provides the utmost attention beckoning to every need, and taking pride in their accomplishments.  If all establishments were as attentive as Thai Orchid, the world would be a better place.


Having a pot of jasmine hot tea, I order my usual spring rolls and Pad Thai.  The spring rolls come out beautifully presented.  Filled with fresh lettuce, carrots, shrimp and vermicelli, I plunge them into a sweeter than nuttier hoisin sauce.  Overall, thumbs up for these spring rolls.


The Pad Thai arrives.  Thin strips of chicken accompany the bean sprouts, vermicelli, and scallions.  Overall, this was above mediocre.  I prefer my pad thai with more taste, and I get a little weird about the meat in it.  Actually, when I was finished, I had a plate of chicken leftover.  The waitress asked if everything was ok because it seems that I didn’t like the chicken.  She went over and beyond to make sure I was a satisfied customer.  Ultimately, she said that they would be happy to make it with more vegetables if I wanted to go that route in the future.

In the end, I will return to Thai Orchid.  The food was above average, but the service is the real winner here.  In fact, I would return for that alone.  Check out Thai Orchid the next time you are in Corpus Christi because it is truly a happy ending.

Thai Orchid
4501 SPID
Corpus Christi, TX 78411
361/854-5888

No comments:

Post a Comment