Friday, February 25, 2011

Burger Fresh: Tomball, Texas

I discovered Burger Fresh while I was making the drive back and forth to The Woodlands.  Recently, I saw that they made Texas Monthly’s Best Burger Places.  I decided to give them a try at their Tomball location.  Burger Fresh has two other locations in Conroe and Montgomery.

Oh my, what a little gem.  It is a typical burger, drive in place.  You can order ¼, 1/3 or ½ pound burgers.  They serve certified Angus beef, but they also serve wild game burgers and other sandwich fare like Philly Cheese Steaks.  All combo baskets come with your choice of fries, tater tots, or onion rigs.

Tonight, I decided to try a 1/3 burger basket with French Fries to go.


Oh my, Oh my.  The burger was so juicy, well seasoned, dripping with ooooze.  The shredded lettuce was super fresh and plump.  The tomato, the pickles, the onions….Oh my, this is the best burger that I have had in my lifetime.  The fries were typical frozen, fried up and tossed with seasoned salt.  Next time, I would definitely try the onion rings because they were a beautiful golden brown, thick cut, and made my mouth drool at their site.

I immediately called my husband, and said that the next free Saturday that we have, we are coming back to Burger Fresh.  And, I can’t wait.  Way to go Texas Monthly, you got this one right.

Burger Fresh
1000 W Main (FM 2920)
Tomball, Texas 77375
832/559-8275
http://iwantmyburgerfresh.com/

4 comments:

  1. What year did you visit this location? I was there in late 2011 and have no plans to return, ever.
    Want to know why? Check my review on "The Woodlands Eats" dot com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend and I were there with a Groupon in early 2012 and it was horrible. The flys just about carried us off and the staff were all just sitting outside smoking while not attending to our order. We were the only ones in the place. I know why. Drove by there last weekend and they were closed! My only wasted Groupon to date.

      Delete
  2. While passing through Tomball recently, I noticed that the lights were all off at this location... I pulled in to read then notice on the door... "Temporarily closed due to staff replacement operations".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This location is closed. My understanding is financial. From your comments, I must have caught them one their one good night!

    ReplyDelete