Monday, February 28, 2011

Casa Rodriguez: Bryan, Texas


Casa Rodriguez is located in downtown Bryan, Texas.  They have been serving the area since 1978.  After reading the sweet story on the cover of the menu, you have hopes for this place.  The chips and salsa come out as soon as you sit down.  The friendly servers flock to you for your drink order. 

The chips and salsa are good.  The salsa is fresh, not spicy at all, but very good.  Although steaming fajitas keep flying pass my table and the smell of fajitas fills the room with a delicious aroma, I chose the Casa Rod Combination Dinner: two cheese enchiladas, one beef taco, rice and beans- I asked for charro since I am not a fan of refried beans.


Ummmmm, where do I start?  How about left to right?  The charro beans smelled like a wet, dirty dog, so needless to say, I did not eat them.  I think it may have been whatever meat product was in the beans, but YUCK!  The cheese enchiladas were not greasy at all, but they did not have any taste.  The sauce was thick and tasted like pure chili powder.  The rice was gross.  It tasted like pure chili powder too.  The crispy taco was OK, but the meat was very salty.  There was very little lettuce and chopped tomatoes.

I guess Casa Rodriguez is an acquired taste, but there are just way too many better Mexican restaurants in the Bryan-College Station area to dine at.

Casa Rodriguez
300 N Bryan Avenue
Bryan, TX 77803
979/779-0916
http://www.casarod.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment