Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Butcher Shop: Longview


Oh my, I am like a child in a candy store, but I happen to be in the Butcher Shop.  It is early morning, and I am perusing the cakes, muffins, cookies, and everything sweet in between.   This morning, I got a blueberry muffin to go with my coffee.


It was wonderful- light and fluffy, filled with blueberries, and a hint of butter- maybe brushed on top before baking to give it its golden color.  It obviously had just come out of the oven because it was still warm.

In addition, I treated myself to two other yummy delights: a white petit four and an Italian cream cupcake.  It is my 39th birthday after all. 

The white cake petit four was just pure bliss reminding me of my college days in Fort Worth.  Delicious light white cake surrounded by a not too sugary white icing.  This petit four was dressed for Valentine's Day, and even the pink "Love" icing was a nice blend of sugar without that overwhelming sweet taste.




The Italian cream cupcake seemed to be a butter cake with pecans mixed into the batter.  The cake was on the drier side but still very edible.  The frosting was a nice blend of cream cheese and sour cream but a little too dense for my liking.  The cupcake was topped off with chopped pecans and roasted coconut.  Of all of the sweets, this was my least favorite.

I have become a HUGE fan of the Butcher Shop Bakery.  I am told that they have one mean burger here, or if you want a steak, they will cut it right in front of you.  I will definitely have to come back the next time I am in Longview.  

So, if your plans bring you to Longview, check out the Butcher Shop.  It is definitely worth the stop whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The Butcher Shop
102 LeHigh (Off of Spur 63/McCann Rd)
Longview, Texas 75601
903/758-6066



 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    My name is Greg and I'm contacting you from Urbanspoon. I noticed that you have a spoonback (the Urbanspoon image link) for The Butcher Shop at the footer of your blog. We're happy to link your post on Urbanspoon, but in order for the spoonback system to work correctly, it is necessary that the spoonback be placed in the actual body of the post. So if you could please move the spoonback from the footer in to the body of your post, then we will be able to get it linked on Urbanspoon. Let me know if you have any questions.

    Best regards,
    Greg

    greg @ urbanspoon dot com

    ReplyDelete