Sunday, March 27, 2011

Billy Bob's Burgers: Hondo, Texas


Like Tink-a-Tako, I have been passing Billy Bob's Burgers in Hondo on my trips to Big Bend.  In a town where the motto is "Don't Drive like Hell through God's Country," it was time to stop at this little joint.  It was close to 1:30, and there was still a line in the drive thru.  Don't get scared by the some what dilapidated buildings and signs.


This photo of the burger basket is giving me a hard time.  If it doesn't show, imagine a beautiful big burger oozing with red onions, pickles, lettuce, and USDA Beef next to crispy golden crinkle fries on top of red and white checkered paper!

Today, I chose the Cheeseburger Basket.  Imagine that, given the number of posts on Cheeseburgers- heck, I am a Texan and I love my Beef!

Since I got this to go, I was super happy to see the crinkle fries.  Crinkle fries are such a treat!  Yummy, golden deep fried, super crisp, seasoned just right crinkle fries.  Wow, the fries alone are worth a future stop.  They would go great with a nice side of home made ranch. 

Next: the burger.  The burger was HUGE!  The red onions were the sweetest that I have ever tasted.  The meat was thick, well seasoned, and just a great burger.  In fact, Maddie the Mad Dog was trying her best to get her fair share of this burger bliss.  I can say trying to eat this burger as you are driving down Hwy 90 is as dangerous as trying to text and drive.  I made a HUGE mess ultimately having to break it apart into much smaller, easier to handle pieces where I could savor the flavor longer.  Delish!

If you are heading to Big Bend, the River, or just close to San Antonio, check out Billy Bob's Burgers in Hondo.  It is definitely going to be a regular stop on our trips West.  Once again, Maddie the Mad Dog approves of this blog and this burger!

Billy Bob's Burgers
1905 19th Street
Hondo, Texas 78861
830/426-3050

No comments:

Post a Comment