Monday, March 7, 2011

Hamburger Depot: Beaumont, Texas


 As usual, it is Friday, and I am wanting a good burger.  I decided to try Hamburger Depot.  Located on the end of a Shell station, you walk into a busy and hustling place.  It was 2 pm, and there was still a line- good sign!  Plus, their slogan is "The Best Thing Since Ground Beef!"  How can a Texan not love that?

You order at the counter.  I chose the Depot Cheeseburger Basket with Fries.  You can chose either onion rings or tots for an extra fee.  I took my spot awaiting the half pound burger, drooling as each order walks by.  Finally, they called my number!


Oh my, look at that beautiful cheese.  It has to be cheddar given the amount of greese and the style of melt.  And, some of it found its way over to my golden crisp french fries- cheese fries are truly one of my downfalls.  My poor arteries were cringing at this site.

The burger had a nice seasoned griddled taste.  The burger actually REALLY needs to be cut in half bc I made a totaly mess!  Things were falling and oozing everywhere.  The french fries were cooked to perfection, but they had no salt or seasoning at all.  I swear I was watching them toss something on them just prior to bringing the orders out, but mine had nothing.

Overall, this burger was great.  I even saved some of it later, and it was even great cold.  I know this is one place that I will come back to since they have bacon cheese fries as well as a Sissy Burger.  Plus, they have other locations: Jasper, Kirbyville, and Downtown Beaumont.  As they say, "Hamburger Depot is worth the weight!"

Hamburger Depot
1652 W Cardinal Dr
Beaumont, Texas 77705
409/840-6600

1 comment:

  1. They have plain fries and seasoned. Either of them are very good. :o)

    ReplyDelete