Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fuego Tortilla Grill: College Station, Texas

Fuego Tortilla Grill was right around the corner from my hotel.  With taco bars popping up everywhere, this one came highly rated.  Bored with the Oscars, I decided to run over there, and give it a try.

Fuego has an extensive menu from beef to fish tacos.  They even have a taco called the Widow Maker: Juan Hot Taco.  They have some salads, tortilla soup, and typical sides like rice and beans.  They even have breakfast tacos.

Tonight, I wanted to try a couple of different tacos, so I got the Steak Al Carbon, Pulled Rotisserie Chicken, and Flame Kissed Tenderloin.  I got some of the pico de gallo and hot sauce to top each taco off. 

First, these tacos were much larger than I expected.  The tortillas are grilled on a griddle until they are nice and golden.  I really liked their tortillas- i guess they were the flour tortillas, but corn tortillas are available too.  The tacos are really bare bones, but you can create your own version from their Fuego bar: Pico de Gallo, Roasted Jalapeño Mash, Marinated Cucumbers and Onions, Fresh Lime and Lemon, Shredded Lettuce,Onions, Cilantro, and Hot Sauces.


This is the steak al carbon.  I wasn't crazy about the steak.  It was tough with no taste.  Once I added the pico de gallo and hot sauce, it was a little better but not wooed away.



This is the flame kissed tenderloin taco.  This is one of the more expensive tacos, and it seemed like there was less meat.  The tenderloin was diced into small pieces.  It didn't really have any taste and seemed tough for tenderloin.  Once again, the pico and hot sauce helped with flavor, but not crazy about it.



The final taco was the pulled rotisserie chicken.  There was a ton of meat in this taco.  You definitely get the rotisserie flavor in this taco, but pico and hot sauce still really helped it.

In the end, I wasn't overly enthused about Fuego's.  The tacos did hit the spot if you want a fast fix for a craving, and I will say Fuego is a light, fresh change from the typical Tex-Mex places.  I would be willing to come back to try the Widow Maker.  

Fuego Tortilla Grill
108 Poplar
College Station, Texas 77840
979-703-1804

www.fuegotortillagrill.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment