Sunday, March 6, 2011

Elena's: Beaumont, Texas


I originally started eating at the Elena's Express in Lumberton, Texas.  I was just crushed when they closed it down.  Luckily, two other locations still exist.  I always go to the College location.  Chicken fajitas and tamales are my downfall here, and tonight, I fall for them again.



These chicken fajitas rock.  I think they may be the best in Texas.  They come out steaming hot covered with onions and green bell peppers and chunks of chicken.  I get hints of lemon and pepper- possibly oregano- I don't know, but it is just yummy.  Grated Cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo and guacamole accompany the fajitas.  Charro beans do too.  The charro beans were ok- not the best, but I really like their pico too!  The flour tortillas were just fair- very thick- don't taste home made.  But, put everything together, and it's just divine.



I always get the tamales to go.  In fact, I used to take dozens back to Houston.  I just love their tamales.  The masa is just great with a super corn taste.  The meat inside is well seasoned.  The tamales go great with Elena's salsa- it is quite runny and has a nice kick.  Every trip to Beaumont ends with Elena's tamales coming home.

If you get a chance, check out Elena's in Beaumont.  The fajitas and tamales won't disappoint.

Elena's
1865 College
Beaumont, TX 77701
409/832-1203

No comments:

Post a Comment