Friday, March 4, 2011

Donut Hole Off: College Station, Navasota, Sealy, and Bellville, Texas

I'm not crazy about of donuts, but I sure do like donut holes- Go Figure.  In fact, I wanted to put to the test some of the local donut holes.  I tested donut holes at Shipley: College Station, Donut Palace: Navasota and Sealy, and Snowflake Donuts: Bellville.  Drum roll, please.......


The winner is: Snowflake Donuts in Bellville, Texas.  The holes were deep fried golden brown with the sweetest glaze of all.  Just perfect. Yummy.


Runner up: Shipley Donuts out of College Station.  Growing up in Houston, I am a huge Shipley fan, but these holes were tiny in size- chintzy.  Their glaze was great with a hint of cinnamon, but the holes were fried a little too long- a little too crunchy for my liking.


Second Runner Up goes to Donut Palace in Sealy and Navasota.  Donut Palace's dough has more butter in it.  The glaze is not as sweet as I like it.  I was not impressed at all at either of the locations.

So, if you are ever in Bellville, stop in and eat some holes at Snowflake Donuts.  I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Snowflake Donuts
209 E Main
Bellville, TX 77418
979/865-1222

Shipley Donuts
1716 Southwest Parkway
College Station, TX 77840
979/693-6170

Donut Palace
110 Austiana Hills Dr
Navasota, TX 77868
936/825-7009

Donut Palace
130 Meyer Street (Hwy 36)
Sealy, TX 77474
979/885-3031

No comments:

Post a Comment