Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Frankie's Italian Grill: Beaumont, Texas


How can you not want to try Frankie's Italian Grill?  There's a gondola on top of the building.  When you walk into Frankie's, you are greeted with Italian music, friendly servers, and Tony Soprano- on the walls that is.  It had been a late work night, and I just wanted a pizza and salad to go.  It was tempting to just sit and enjoy the ambience.


I ordered a thin crust cheese pizza, and the aromas nearly killed me on the drive to the hotel.  Oh my, it smelled like I was back in Italia.  I dove right into it as soon as I could- photos almost didn't happen.  The crust was super thin and light.  The sauce was pure delight- hints of oregano and just blended with tomatoes.  The cheese was on the heavy side, but I don't care.  I wish that they had thrown in some red pepper because that would have been the sugar on top.  Overall, I was VERY happy with my cheese pizza.

The house salad was your normal romaine lettuce with onions.  The house salad dressing was a tomato vinagrette- I had horrible flash backs of Joe's in Longview- see the blog.  She said it was a thin style salad dressing.  It was actually quite good- not the best, but quite good.  It had a nice blend of tomato and red wine vinegar.

Overall, I was very happy with Frankie's Italian Grill.  I can see myself coming back and eating here again.  It will definitely have to be on an evening when I can linger with the locals and drink a little vino!  Buon Appetito.

Frankie's Italian Grill
105 I-10 North
Beaumont, Texas 77707
409/835-9200

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/87/815109/restaurant/Frankies-Italian-Grill-Beaumont

No comments:

Post a Comment