Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tink-a-Tako: Castroville, Texas


I have been driving pass this Tink-a-Tako location since it has opened.  It is always packed.  On a recent trip to Big Bend, I said today is the day.  I stopped into Tink-a-Tako for a breakfast taco.  Of course, they had over 20 to choose from.  My goal: one without eggs.  The counter help accommodated my wishes for a Bacon, Potato, and Cheese Taco.


You get a choice between red or green sauce.  I said which is hotter- the green.  OK, give me the green.  When asked about the size of the taco, they are quite large.  NOT!  OK, I know that there isn't much to a taco, but OMG, this one was sooooo good that even my dog was drooling.  The bacon was fried crisp just like the way I love it.  The potatoes were hash brown style, but mushy more like mashed potatoes.  And, cheddar cheese.  It rocked.  The only real complaint is that the Green Sauce is NOT HOT- at least to my lead stomach.

I highly recommend Tink-a-Tako.  I would love to go back and eat something else on their menu- authentic Mexican cuisine.  I can definitely tell you that every trip to Big Bend will include this Tink-a-Tako location as one of my stops especially since they have a drive thru too.  And, I can guarantee you that I will get two tacos with extra "Hot" sauce. 

PS.  Maddie the Mad Dog endorses the above post!

Tink-a-Tako
703 Hwy 90 W
Castroville, Texas
830.538.3970
http://www.tinkatako.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment