Monday, March 28, 2011

Haby's Alsatian Bakery: Castroville, Texas


Serving Medina County since 1974 and located in Historic Castroville,  I have really mixed views on Haby's Alsatian Bakery.  I had stopped here long ago, and I really didn't care for it.  I decided to try it again.  As a bakery, today's selection is limited to cookies mostly.  There is a large selection of cookies.  On this day, I decided to try a chocolate chip, coconut macaroon, and a peanut butter cookie.  All of the cookies were good, but not great.  Everything was moist with a good taste, but there really isn't much I can say because nothing was really notable. 

Personally, I think if you don't stop, you are not really missing much.  If you do stop, you will find just so-so cookies.  They do have donuts and fresh breads, so maybe these are their gems and worth the stop.  As usual, Maddie the Mad Dog liked everything she tried, but then again, she was just happy that the peanut butter wasn't sticking to the roof of her mouth.

Haby's Alsatian Bakery
207 US Highway 90 East
Castroville, TX 78009
(830) 931-2118
http://www.habysbakery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment