Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chaba Thai Cuisine: Beaumont, Texas

You definitely cannot judge this place by the exterior.  The tiny glass structure is kinda scary, but DO NOT let it deter you from eating at this Southeast Texas gem.

I got to Chaba  as soon as it opened on Sunday.  Upon choosing my table, I was greeted with extremely prompt and friendly service.  I ordered hot tea with the choice of jasmine or green.  I ordered Chicken Satay as an appetizer.  And, the sounds of the woks sizzling away were teasing me until it arrived!


The Chicken Satay rocked.  Skewers of moist chicken marinated in green curry accompanied with Peanut sauce.  The sauce is incredible, super fresh with just an amazing taste- not too heavy and not too light.  Cucumber-red onion relish was nice- slightly sweet yet slightly vinegary.

As Chaba's started to fill up table by table, I can't wait for my Pad Thai.  The staff kindly accommodated my substitution for chicken instead of shrimp.


Cellophane noodles lightly dressed with a peanut sauce, carrots, scallions, eggs, chicken, and tofu.  Sides of peanuts, lime and red pepper were present.  The Pad Thai was extremely good.  The noodles just kept you coming back for more and more and more!
Overall, I am so happy that I tried Chaba Thai Cuisine.  All of the reviews lived up to the anticipation.  I can't wait to go back and try something else.  The portions are huge, so make sure you take an appetite.  Chaba Thai Cuisine is definitely worth the stop!

Chaba Thai Cuisine
4340 E Lucas Dr (off of Hwy 69/96N)
Beaumont, TX 77708
409/899-4500



No comments:

Post a Comment