Monday, March 14, 2011

Pizza King: Longview, Texas



Pizza King states “a smile in every bite,” but I am wondering why they are not smiling in the kitchen.  Tonight, I decided to get a pizza to go.  I did a drive by at 6:30, and it was standing room only.  I came back an hour later on a Sunday night, and it is still standing room only.  Maybe this is why they are not smiling in the kitchen?

Since 1965, Pizza King has been turning out Pizza in its diner style restaurant.  Tonight, my choice is a small 8 inch veggie pizza and a house salad- all under $9.  The usual suspects were present: Onions, Green Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, Green and Black Olives.  The Sauce is very oregano, but I like it with just the right amount on the pizza.  The  crust, Oh the crust.....  The Crust is really good.  Super crisp, very bubbly in texture and taste.  A little thicker, but very crispy.  Over all, this is one of the best crusts that I have had in a long time.  And, I am in Longview, Texas



I ordered a House Salad- fresh romaine with carrot and radish slices.  I can’t figure out the house dressing- it's like a cross between creamy Italian and Ranch.  To go silverware has crackers and bread sticks included- a nice addition.  Pretty much a non-event to go with the awesome pizza pie!!!!!!

Definitely, make a stop at Pizza King in Longview, Texas.  It will lead to “a smile in every bite!”

Pizza King
1100 E Marshall Avenue (Hwy 80)
Longview, Texas 75601
903/753-0912

No comments:

Post a Comment