Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rao's Bakery: Beaumont, Texas


Rao's Bakery is like an institution in Beaumont.  Started in 1941, Rao's Bakery has been offering Beaumontians the sweetest of sweets ranging from cookies, gelato, pastries, and everything in between.  They even have King Cakes just in time for Mardi Gras.

On this rainy, dreary morning, I decided I needed a large cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin.


I don't think I can do justice to this blueberry muffin.  It was just pure bliss.  It was moist through and through, completely loaded with blueberries, and just sweet enough.  When I was finished, I wished I had another one.

I picked up a few cupcakes too, so I grab one white and one black:

                                                                                                
 
Although really cute and you got a surprise in the middle of it, I was really disappointed with the cupcakes.  The cakes were just typical fare- not real moist and not real tasty.  The icing was just normal whipped icing that gets to you after a few bites.  You can definitely skip these treats.

Rao's is a must if you are coming through Beaumont.  With 4 convenient locations in the Beaumont-Port Arthur area and one in Spring, Texas, whip in and pick up a muffin or any of their other desserts.  Trust me, it is truly hard to decide, but now you know the one thing you can skip. 

Rao's Bakery
2596 Calder Avenue
Beaumont, Texas 77702
409/832-4342

No comments:

Post a Comment