Friday, March 25, 2011

Don Jose's: Palestine, Texas


Don Jose's is a creation from the Jimenez Family.  Although they have locations in Ennis, Waxahachie, Corsicana, I am eating at the Palestine location.  I got a little concerned when I walked in and the lunch special of the day was Chicken Pasta.  Every day, there are food and drink specials.  The menu is extensive with color photographs to help you make your decisions.

Today, I try the #5 Combo Plate: 1 beef taco, 1 cheese enchilada with your choice of sauce, rice and beans.


Charro beans are very good.  More like baked beans with chunks of green bell pepper and bacon.

Rice is fluffy.  Pretty bland.

Enchilada: chunk of cheddar cheese smother in a non-event chili gravy.

Taco:  slightly salty ground beef, good, fresh taco shell and lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese

Salsa- Thick and Chunky Pace with come cilantro thrown into it!

Chips: Good, Non-Greasy

Service: Incredible, Super friendly- probably one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met, Very attentive
Overall, Don Jose's in Palestine served its purpose.  It was fairly good edible Mexican food.  I did want to take a big nap after lunch, but my waitress loaded me up with a to go cup of ice tea.  If you are in Palestine, this is one of their better Mexican restaurants.  It's conveniently close to the Loop, so you can stop in for a quick fix.

Don Jose's
1103 E Palestine Ave (Hwy 79)
Palestine, Texas 75801
903/729-5054

No comments:

Post a Comment